Tuesday 3 January 2017

Bridie: New Year Fresh Start


Hi folks I hope you've had a lovely Christmas and a fabulous New Year. I thought I'd just take the time to have a little catch up as it feels like I've not posted on here or on my Vlog for that matter in a while. I have been sewing (not as much as I'd like) and I'm still very much enjoying the SIY Challenge. It very much just feels like a part of my life now and I don't think I could go back to buying clothes again.

I have however struggled with organizing my life in general. Now I don't pretend to have a hectic work life balance in anyway but I am a full time mum and what with other commitments on top of that I defiantly struggled to give all the things I enjoy equal priority and most defiantly stressed far too much over things that I shouldn't have been. I do that! (usually based on the fear of letting people down)

This new year feels like a fresh start, for a few reasons. For one my little man will be going to nursery a bit more. Which we've decided to spread over the week. I'm so pleased about this I think it will break up the week more for him and for me! During this time I've set myself things to do. One morning will be house work (needs must I'm afraid) one morning I'm going to my favorite cafe/fabric shop to work on my pattern cutting designs and business plans (super excited about that working and being able to get amazing tea and cake, I've thought this through!) the final morning is going to be for vlogging, so I wont have to pray for a long nap time or film in terrible lighting. I've also planned out the rest of my weeks for the next few months. All beautifully colour coded to! Which included everything from sewing and blogging time to putting on washing loads. The aim is to possibly be one of those women who has their **** together!



As well as being more organised with work plans, family and sewing I'm also giving myself some me time. This will most probably be knitting with a face mask on and my aroma steam thingy I got for Christmas smelling of lavender. However I'm also going to give yoga a try as I need to get fit and stop my brain from overloading which it has done many a time this last year (not fun!) I'm starting off with a YouTube 30 day Yoga along thing I'll add a link. Mainly as I'm a little intimidated by classes and extremely uncoordinated! I shall let you know how this goes.

Looking a little insane but feeling relaxed!

As for future blog posts they will be more regular from me I promise and on set days. Heather will still be posting but monthly and showing you all fabulous things shes been making. I should think there will be a lot! 
I'm going to be doing weekly vlogs again as I really enjoy that and I think it's great to be able to chat and show off my make live (kind of).

I hope this explains a few things, if you have any tips on organizing your sewing projects or even life please feel free to share, I'd love to hear them!

Happy Sewing 
x  
       

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like some really great planning. I look forward to seeing more of your makes. I am also doing the year without sewing thing now too - scary - first project a coat!!!

    ReplyDelete